The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church is not only center of worship but also center of capital investment, social, art, civilization and chronicles of kings. For example we can mentioned few among of them Axum, Lalibela, Debrebirhan Trinity, Lake Tana and the like. Our capital Addis Ababa is also holding a number of historical and miraculous sites. Even if the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido churches are all historical museums, among the churches and monasteries constructed museums for visitors,
- MenberetsebawotHolyt Trinity Cathedral Museum
- Genetetsige saint George church museum
- ReheseadbaratEntotoMenberetsehay Mariam church museum
- TaikaNegestatBeata Mariam church museum and etc. mentioned among others.
These museums have been kept in standardized and modern organization which holds several numbers of religious and historical relics. This precious and delightful relics cannot be measured in pecuniary terms and they cannot be substituted since they have been given from the former things, empresses, holly fathers, prince and princes of palace, the former higher government authorities, charities and the fifth sister churches. The security and safety the items have been preserved to this date for a long period of time.
This includes relic made from gold silver bronze that shall include gold and silver paints. The others are embroidered, readymade temple cloths, religious umbrellas and the like beyond all this the church has tremendous contribution of several number of religious Brana and holly books written in Geez language in various titles which were written by elites of the church.
Among the holly books the six century saint Yared eight song signs and three melodies, one of the five books and the book which is called Dugua which scored more than five hundred years that is miraculous in its content among the melody books. Our church is not using melodies other than the three kignets. The kignets are irreplaceable and not changed with the modern day.
In addition our country Ethiopia has its own letter, number, calendar and dates from its spiritual source that makes it different from the other part of the world.
The Major Objectives of the church Museums
- The religious and historical relics of our church have been organized in to museum by having special care and protection and that makes the country to the other part of the world by promoting its good image to local as well as international visitors.
- These precious historical and religious relics have been carefully kept and also transferred to the coming generation.
The tourist attractions are religious and historical relies are categorized as follows.
- Battle Dresses and so on
- Embroidered Cermenial Robs and Umberlias
- Books Written on parchemenst
List of Doners
- ArchBishops and Church Fathers
- Emperor Menilek II
- Empress Taytu
- Emperor Haileselassie
- Empress Menen
- Royal princes
- Former Officials
- Oriental churches
These historical and religious heritages require the attention of the Government and people to protect them from looting.We say alsothese historical and religious relics will be of paramount importance and significances if preserved by governmental and non-governmental entities as well as investors and the majority of the Ethiopian public. The church hereby respectfully invites to appear and visit these historical places.